THCA flower offers us the ability to enjoy a product that’s strikingly similar to weed, yet completely compliant with federal law. Growing THCA flower is a complex process that relies on carefully controlling the environmental conditions so that the hemp flower naturally produces higher-than-average levels of tetrahydrocannabinolic acid.
With that being said, today’s world of cannabis cultivation allows for all kinds of innovative techniques that change the outcome of the flower for the better. Let’s compare two types of THCA flower today: boutique flower vs outdoor, aka sungrown flower.
A Quick Overview on THCA Flower in General
“THCA hemp flower” refers to the raw cannabis buds that have not been decarboxylated. These buds will contain a high concentration of THCA and lower levels of THC. Basically, THCA (tetrahydrocannabinolic acid) is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid found in raw and live cannabis plants. As the cannabis plant matures, THCA slowly converts to THC, the main psychoactive compound responsible for the “high” associated with marijuana consumption. However, before the plant is exposed to heat (i.e., during smoking, vaping, or cooking/baking), much of its THC content exists in the form of THCA.
What is Boutique THCA Hemp Flower?
Boutique THCA flower isn’t a specific method for growing, but rather refers to small-batch cultivation, as a response to the fact that growing demand for cannabis has led to high-output cultivation facilities. Cultivators of boutique THCA flower grow small batches of plants at a time, which gives them the ability to meticulously care for each plant on an individual level. Boutique THCA flower isn’t grown under a specific, strict set of methods, but instead has these key advantages:
- Higher concentrations of cannabinoids and terpenes (including THCA).
- More aromatic and flavorful.
- Larger, more attractive buds.
- Hand-trimmed for more precision.
Most boutique THCA flower is grown indoors, if not all, and is done through a series of methods that aim to bring the best qualities out of the flower buds. By nature, boutique flower is classified as “premium”, “top-shelf”, or “top-tier”, with all of these terms essentially meaning the same thing.
It’s becoming more and more common to encounter boutique flower, especially in dispensary settings, as consumers are starting to seek out the highest quality they can find, no longer settling for anything less than a superior product. Boutique flower comes in the same strains as “standard” flower, but each strain is likely to give you more concentrated effects associated with the cultivar, again due to the higher presence of cannabinoids and terpenes.
- Maximum quality control yields bigger, more flavorful/aromatic, and more potent buds.
- Great for those who have smaller facilities.
- Requires meticulous care and extensive knowledge.
- Can be less cost-effective as a lot of labor is required.
Product on saleTHCA Flower
What is Outdoor/Sungrown THCA Flower?
Then, there’s outdoor flower, also called “sungrown” flower. This is the oldest and simplest method of cultivating cannabis, and happens in the wild, as the plant grows freely and easily on many continents. Growing outdoors doesn’t require any specialized equipment, but that’s as long as you happen to live in the climate that’s ideal for cannabis, and more specifically, the strain(s) you’re growing.
Otherwise, you will not see full development of the cannabinoids and terpenes you’re hoping for, and more importantly in the context of THCA flower, you’re not going to end up with a high level of THCA without some specialized intervention, as growing high-THCA flower buds requires lower temperatures than standard cannabis flower.
Outdoor flower may or may not be gown with the help of specialized techniques or equipment. For instance, many of today’s outdoor growers use a technique known as “light dep” (light deprivation), which tricks the plant into thinking that fall is coming by covering the plants with light-blocking tarps earlier and earlier each night. This initiates the blooming stage early without exposing the plant to cold temperatures that many regions see in autumn.
- Ideal for people who live in the ideal climate for growing THCA flower, in the desired strains.
- More space for higher yields (in most cases).
- Nature does a lot of the hard work for you.
- Harder to control the outcome, and even guarantee the ideal level of THCA.
- More susceptible to damage due to extreme/severe weather, pests, and disease.
- Only a small window for growing and harvesting, while indoor and greenhouse growing can be done throughout the year.
Which Method of Growing is Superior?
Overall, Boutique THCA flower isn’t a specific method for growing, but rather refers to small-batch cultivation, which gives them the ability to meticulously care for each plant on an individual level. Outdoor THCA Flower is the oldest and simplest method of cultivating cannabis, and happens in the wild, as the plant grows freely and easily on many continents.
THCA flower requires specialized techniques in order to end up with the chemical compound composition that customers are looking for. Because of that, a more meticulous hand is needed in order to yield the perfect plant with a high level of tetrahydrocannabinolic acid. That’s why we firmly believe that indoor-grown boutique THCA flower is gonna offer the best results.
Bloomz THCA Hemp Flower that has been grown under the most meticulous care, promising powerful levels of THCA, high concentrations of valuable cannabinoids and terpenes, and some of the best flavor imaginable. Explore our THCA flower today, and simply experience the difference for yourself.
- Bloomz THCA Hemp Flower – Gold Line: Perfect choice if you’re seeking out boutique-level, indoor flower. Grown in small batches, this indoor THCA flower yields above-average THCA (Potent Strength – 25%+), thanks to the expert cultivators who have years of experience meticulously monitoring each and every plant with care. Grown in Oregon and Colorado, Bloomz THCA Flower comes in an exciting selection of top-shelf strains, 3.5G & 7G Options, and instantly impresses with its pungent aroma, once you open the jar. If your THCA flower game could use an upgrade, Bloomz Boutique THCA Hemp Flower truly is, good as “gold”.
- THCA PRE-ROLLS – 3-PACK/6-PACK: Bloomz Premium THCA Pre-Rolls are brand-new and are taking the world by storm. We use our popular Indoor THCA Hemp Flower in our best in class pre-rolls, and the wrappers themselves are also organic. The experience you get from smoking our THCA Pre-Rolls is amazing and potent.