THCA (tetrahydrocannabinolic acid) is the acidic precursor to THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), the primary psychoactive compound found in cannabis. And, it’s important to recognize that THCA is non-psychoactive on its own. You see, when cannabis is heated (like when it’s smoked, vaporized or used for cooking/baking purposes), THCA decarboxylates to THC, which is psychoactive. People may look for high-THCA flowers in order to obtain high levels of THC upon consumption.
Now, when using the words “outdoor THCA hemp flower,” we’re likely referring to cannabis flower that has been grown outdoors and is rich in THCA. So, with that being said, you need to know how to spot a potential fake or low-quality outdoor THCA flower product.
What is Outdoor THCA Hemp Flower?
Simply put, “outdoor THCA flower” refers to the buds that come from plants that’re grown outdoors, using mostly traditional cultivation methods, as the environment and climate have a greater impact on this.
Why Fake Outdoor THCA Hemp Flower Exist in the Industry
Of course, it stinks that fake or inadequate outdoor THCA hemp flower is out there, but it’s something that’s unavoidable in just about any industry. Meanwhile, tetrahydrocannabinolic acid is relatively easy to fake, since it’s used in different product types, is odorless, flavorless, and colorless. Plus, is still considered to be a new cannabinoid that most consumers have a difficult time comparing this cannabinoid to another.
What Types of Fakes Might You Encounter?
There are a few different ways to make a fake outdoor THCA flower product, so let’s cover them, as that way, you know what to keep an eye out for:
- Knock-Off Products: A knock-off would be an THCA flower product made by one company, designed to look exactly like the product made by a more popular company – like a fake iPhone. What’s inside the product is just low-quality, or simply doesn’t even contain THCA.
- Flower that Contain Zero (or Almost Zero) THCA: There are also products that are advertised as THCA, but either don’t contain any THCA at all, or are made with so little an amount of THCA that they can’t possibly give you the effects of the cannabinoid.
- Flower Infused with Harmful Ingredients: While these products aren’t technically fake, you still want to strictly stay away from any flower that contains THCA, but also contains dangerous ingredients that can harm your health, like Vitamin E, an ingredient that has been linked to serious respiratory problems when inhaled.
Product on saleTHCA Flower
Avoiding Fake Outdoor THCA Hemp Flower: What to Keep an Eye Out For
Now, we can come some methods to better spot a fake outdoor-grown THCA flower hemp product. This way, you can can avoid the risk of ending up with one of the types of fake products above. Below are what to look for as most of these can also be applied to all sorts of THCA flower:
- Know Your Source: Purchase your outdoor THCA flower from a reputable source that have a history of providing genuine, high-quality products in general.
- Lab Testing: The most accurate way to determine THCA content (and overall quality) is through lab testing. Reputable sellers should be able to provide lab results for their products that confirm cannabinoid content, as well as the absence of pesticides, heavy metals, and other contaminants.
- Appearance: Real outdoor THCA flower has a distinct appearance. It should be covered in tiny crystal-like structures (trichomes) that contain the cannabinoids. A high presence of seeds and stems might indicate a lower quality product. Also, fake or synthetic versions might not have this characteristic look. To elaborate, unethical producers might spray low-quality flower with synthetic cannabinoids or other chemicals to mimic the effects or appearance of high-quality cannabis. This can be dangerous and harmful.
- Color and Smell: A good-quality THCA flower will generally have a vibrant green hue with possible hints of purple, blue, or even red, depending on the strain. Brown or yellow flowers are often a sign of age, poor quality, or improper storage. As for the smell, fresh, high-quality cannabis should have a strong and distinct aroma. This smell, often referred to as “terpenes” or “terps” for short, can range from citrusy to earthy to diesel-like, depending on the strain.
- THC Content: If the flower is supposed to be predominantly THCA, then smoking or vaping it shouldn’t produce strong psychoactive effects since THCA isn’t psychoactive in its raw form. But upon decarboxylation (e.g., when you light it up), some of the THCA converts to THC, so there could still be mild effects.
- Avoid Loose Flowers without Packaging: Loose flowers without any branded packaging or labeling are riskier as they don’t offer any information about their source, strain, or content.
- Physical Feel: When squeezed gently, good quality THCA buds should be slightly spongy and spring back into place. Overly dry buds will crumble, while buds that are too wet or have not been cured properly will feel too spongy or sticky.
- Check Reviews: Look online for reviews of the THCA product. If many users are reporting it as fake or of low quality, that’s a clear sign to be wary.
- Ask Questions: When in doubt, ask the seller questions. Genuine sellers should be knowledgeable about their products and be able to provide detailed answers.
- Educate Yourself: Familiarize yourself with the properties and characteristics of THCA flowers. The more you know, the easier it will be to spot fakes.
- Price: If the price seems too good to be true, it often is. Extremely cheap cannabis flower might be a sign of a low-quality or counterfeit product.
Product on saleTHC-P Flower
Don’t Be Fooled By Fake or Low-Quality Outdoor THCA Hemp Flower Ever Again!
Spotting fake or bad cannabis products, like outdoor THCA hemp flower, requires a combination of observational skills, knowledge, and sometimes, lab testing. Luckily, with strategus we supplied you with there, the odds of getting a fake outdoor THCA flower product will have decreased substantially. Still, if you’re ever in doubt about a product, it’s best to refrain from purchasing or consuming it.
If you’re looking to identify genuine, high-quality outdoor THCA flower, Bloomz Premium THCA Hemp Flower is the real deal. We provide exceptional hemp products that’re as enjoyable as they are good for you, with zero compromises on quality and ingredients.