Did you know that tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA) is a non-psychoactive precursor to THC found in raw cannabis plants? And, when cannabis is heated, THCA converts to THC, which is the main psychoactive compound in cannabis. One of the main products that hemp enthusiast gravitate to is flower, specifically THCA hemp flower.
Now, if someone is claiming to sell “indoor THCA flower”, they’re likely referring to cannabis flower that has not been decarboxylated (i.e., it hasn’t been heated to convert the THCA to THC). This is a different product from what’s typically sold as THC-rich cannabis flower, and there are some ways to spot fakes or misrepresentations, as we’ll be covering here today.
What is Indoor THCA Hemp Flower?
Indoor growing is a method that can be used by anyone looking to cultivate THCA flower – from the enthusiast who just wants to grow a couple of plants at home, to large-scale facilities that supply THCA flower to retailers throughout the country. All that you need is an indoor space, and the right technology to control the light cycle, temperature, and other environmental factors that would otherwise be provided outdoors.
Why Fake Indoor THCA Hemp Flower Exist in the Industry
Of course, it stinks that fake or inadequate indoor THCA hemp flower is out there, but it’s something that’s unavoidable in just about any industry. Meanwhile, tetrahydrocannabinolic acid is relatively easy to fake, since it’s used in different product types, is odorless, flavorless, and colorless. Plus, is still considered to be a new cannabinoid that most customers don’t have anything to compare it to in better hindsight.
What Types of Fakes Might You Encounter?
There are a few different ways to make a fake indoor THCA flower product, so let’s cover them, as that way, you know what to keep an eye out for:
- Knock-Off Products: A knock-off would be an THCA flower product made by one company, designed to look exactly like the product made by a more popular company – like a fake iPhone. What’s inside the product is just low-quality, or simply doesn’t even contain THCA.
- Flower that Contain Zero (or Almost Zero) THCA: There are also products that are advertised as THCA, but either don’t contain any THCA at all, or are made with so little an amount of THCA that they can’t possibly give you the effects of the cannabinoid.
- Flower Infused with Harmful Ingredients: While these products aren’t technically fake, you still want to strictly stay away from any flower that contains THCA, but also contains dangerous ingredients that can harm your health, like Vitamin E, an ingredient that has been linked to serious respiratory problems when inhaled.
Avoiding Fake Indoor THCA Hemp Flower: What to Keep an Eye Out For
Now, we can talk about the ways to clearly identify a fake indoor THCA flower hemp product, so that you can avoid the risk of ending up with one of the types of fake products above. Below are what to look for as most of these can also be applied to all sorts of THCA flower:
- Know Your Source: Purchase your indoor THCA flower from a reputable source. Licensed dispensaries and trusted retailers are more likely to offer genuine products. Do not buy this product on sites like Craigslist/Facebook/eBay or unlicensed facilities.
- Lab Testing: The most definitive way to determine the authenticity and quality of any cannabis product, including indoor THCA flower, is through lab testing. Genuine products often come with a Certificate of Analysis (COA) from a reputable lab that will list cannabinoid contents, including THCA and THC, as well as other components and any contaminants.
- Appearance: Real indoor THCA flower has a distinct appearance. It should be covered in tiny crystal-like structures (trichomes) that contain the cannabinoids. Fake or synthetic versions might not have this characteristic look.
- Color and Smell: Fake indoor THCA flower might look a bit off in color or may have an unusual scent. While this isn’t a definitive test, a significant deviation from what you expect could be a red flag.
- THC Content: If the flower is supposed to be predominantly THCA, then smoking or vaping it shouldn’t produce strong psychoactive effects since THCA isn’t psychoactive in its raw form. But upon decarboxylation (e.g., when you light it up), some of the THCA converts to THC, so there could still be mild effects.
- Avoid Loose Flowers without Packaging: Loose flowers without any branded packaging or labeling are riskier as they don’t offer any information about their source, strain, or content.
- Physical Feel: The THCA flower should be slightly sticky from the trichomes but not wet or overly dry.
- Check Reviews: Look online for reviews of the product. If many users are reporting it as fake or of low quality, that’s a clear sign to be wary.
- Ask Questions: When in doubt, ask the seller questions. Genuine sellers should be knowledgeable about their THCA products and be able to provide detailed answers.
- Educate Yourself: Familiarize yourself with the properties and characteristics of THCA flowers. The more you know, the easier it will be to spot fakes.
- Price and Availability: Genuine, high-quality indoor cannabis THCA flower is typically more expensive due to the costs of indoor cultivation. Hence, if a deal seems too good to be true, it might be.
Product on saleTHCA Flower
Don’t Be Fooled By Fake or Low-Quality Indoor THCA Hemp Flower Ever Again!
Detecting fake or inferior cannabis products, such as indoor THCA hemp flower, requires a combination of observational skills, knowledge, and sometimes, lab testing. Luckily, with the tips we provided you with, the odds of getting a fake indoor THCA flower product will have decreased substantially. Still, if you’re ever in doubt about a product, it’s best to refrain from purchasing or consuming it.
Bloomz THCA Hemp Flower is indoor-grown, and grown using only boutique methods, as this yields nothing but premium buds that are noticeably superior in every way. Explore our selection of top-shelf boutique flower strains, and then see for yourself why these two methods are regarded as the very best.
- Bloomz THCA Hemp Flower – Gold Line: Perfect choice if you’re seeking out boutique-level, indoor flower. Grown in small batches, this indoor THCA flower yields above-average THCA (Potent Strength – 25%+), thanks to the expert cultivators who have years of experience meticulously monitoring each and every plant with care. Grown in Oregon and Colorado, Bloomz THCA Flower comes in an exciting selection of top-shelf strains, 3.5G & 7G Options, and instantly impresses with its pungent aroma, once you open the jar. If your THCA flower game could use an upgrade, Bloomz Boutique THCA Hemp Flower truly is, good as “gold”.
- THCA PRE-ROLLS – 3-PACK/6-PACK: Bloomz Premium THCA Pre-Rolls are brand-new and are taking the world by storm. We use our popular Indoor THCA Hemp Flower in our best in class pre-rolls, and the wrappers themselves are also organic. The experience you get from smoking our THCA Pre-Rolls is amazing and potent.