In today’s cannabis industry, demand is so high that cultivation facilities are getting bigger at a rapid rate in order to provide enough output to keep consumers satisfied. But, is bigger always better? Not if you ask the growing number of users who are gravitating toward boutique flower, which offers a more artisanal approach to cultivating the finest THCA flower possible.
Today, we will be focusing on “boutique THCA flower”, and what makes it so different from other flower that you’ll find on the market.
A Quick Overview on THCA Hemp Flower in General
THCA (tetrahydrocannabinolic acid) hemp flower refers to the raw cannabis flower that primarily contains tetrahydrocannabinolic acid – a non-psychoactive cannabinoid precursor to THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). In the live cannabis plant, the majority of the THC exists as THCA, and it’s only when heated (a process known as decarboxylation), i.e., vaping, smoking, or cooking/baking, that THCA then converts to the psychoactive THC compound.
Now, since THCA is not psychoactive in its raw form, individuals can consume it without experiencing the “high” that’s typically associated with THC. This makes it useful for those seeking the potential benefits of cannabis without the mind-altering effects.
What Exactly Then is Boutique THCA Hemp Flower?
Boutique flower, also sometimes referred to as “craft”, “artisanal”, or “premium” cannabis flower, basically means flower cultivated and processed on a smaller scale than what’s become the industry norm over the last several years. In other words, it’s not mass-produced on a huge, sprawling farm. Boutique THCA flower is, instead, grown in small batches, and it has a competitive edge because a smaller operation allows for a more meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to invest more in the utilization of techniques that produce superior quality in every way imaginable.
By only growing THCA flower in small batches, cultivators are capable of giving incredible amounts of attention to each and every plant. They’re able to nurture their plants throughout every step of the growing stage, making personalized adjustments to each plant as needed to ensure that its best qualities are emphasized.
Keep in mind though, there is no specific size of a facility or farm that must be maintained for THCA flower cultivators to receive a “boutique” classification, as it’s more about that artisanal, small-batch approach. With that being said, companies can throw around the word “boutique” however much they want, but those that really do employ this approach offer up flower that has some distinctive differences.
Product on saleTHCA Flower
Let’s go over the key ways in which boutique flower is distinctive from the competition:
- Origin and Growing Practices: Often grown in small batches, as opposed to mass-produced, it might be sun-grown, or it may come from an indoor facility that closely mimics natural conditions. Many boutique hemp growers use organic methods, avoiding synthetic fertilizers and pesticides. Also, boutique THCA flowers might be hand-watered, hand-pruned, and given individual attention.
- Hand-Trimmed: Boutique THCA flower is usually hand-trimmed, which means that its leaves and stems were trimmed away by hand, which is a very time-consuming and labor-intensive process. The buds are also given a uniform shape to help them dry-cure more evenly. Hand-trimming is often seen as superior to machine-trimming, because it allows actual humans to meticulously trim each bud, and each bud is unique.
- Proper Curing: Properly cured THCA hemp flower burns evenly and produces a smooth smoke.
- If the bud is too dry, it will burn too quickly and may be harsh.
- If it’s too moist, it won’t burn well and can produce an unpleasant taste.
- Higher Trichome Count: Trichomes are the crystals that coat the buds of the hemp plant. They possess high concentrations of cannabinoids and terpenes – in other words, the beneficial compounds that are the reason why we seek out THCA flower in the first place. The development of trichomes comes down to how the plant is treated during the growth stage, as different environmental factors influence how rich that trichome layer is once the buds are mature. A higher trichome count means a higher potency of these beneficial, desirable compounds.
- More Aromatic and Flavorful: By and large, boutique THCA flower is considered to be more aromatic and highly flavorful, as the terpenes develop more abundantly as a result of constant monitoring while the plant is growing.
- More Visually Appealing: Boutique THCA flower buds are often more visually appealing, with bolder, richer hues and more aesthetically pleasing trichomes, demonstrating their superior quality thanks to constant attention. Essentially, healthy, mature buds will often have vibrant colors with clear differentiation between buds, hairs (pistils), and trichomes.
How to Determine Whether or Not THCA Hemp Flower is “Boutique”
Again, there is no law that for a THCA flower facility to be classified as boutique, it must adhere to very specific standards, and get certified. So, how can customers be sure that what they’re getting is, in fact, boutique, when a label states as much?
Ultimately, it’s about knowing what to look for when shopping for THCA flower. The best way to go about it is buying online, as the company’s website will provide some much-needed insight into their manufacturing methods. Companies that claim to be “boutique” should offer more information on their website about where their operations are, how the plants are grown, and what makes their cultivation so unique.
Boutique flower is often sold in high-quality, resealable packaging that is designed to maintain freshness and potency. Also, boutique flower tends to be more expensive due to the high level of care and attention to detail involved in its cultivation. Plus, since boutique flower is grown in smaller batches, it might not be as widely available as mass-produced varieties.
Keep in mind, too, that boutique THCA hemp growers might focus on rare, unique, or especially high-quality genetics. They might even have proprietary strains not available elsewhere. Those strains should be potent and align with the strain’s described characteristics.
Product on saleTHC-P Flower
Bloomz Boutique Gold Line THCA Hemp Flower Lives Up to Its Name
Bloomz THCA Hemp Flower – Gold Line is the perfect choice if you’re seeking out boutique-level flower. Grown in small batches, this THCA flower yields above-average THCA (Potent Strength – 25%+), thanks to the expert cultivators who have years of experience meticulously monitoring each and every plant with care. Grown in Oregon and Colorado, Bloomz THCA Flower comes in an exciting selection of top-shelf strains, 3.5G & 7G Options, and instantly impresses with its pungent aroma, once you open the jar. If your THCA flower game could use an upgrade, Bloomz Boutique THCA Hemp Flower truly is, good as “gold”.
Final Boutique THCA Hemp Flower Thoughts
As you can see, the term “boutique” in relation to cannabis (and especially flower) typically refers to smaller batches of high-quality cannabis that have been meticulously cultivated, often with artisanal techniques. Boutique cannabis growers often place a premium on quality over quantity. The term, however, isn’t officially standardized, so definitions can vary somewhat.
Remember, while these indicators we touched upon here can help determine if a THCA flower product is boutique, personal preference always plays a role. One person’s ideal boutique flower might differ from another’s. Always trust your own senses and preferences when evaluating THCA hemp flower products.