THCA flower is grown a lot like hemp flower, but with some key differences that yield higher levels of tetrahydrocannabinolic acid, while keeping the product fully compliant with the law. THCA flower can be grown using a variety of different methods, with some offering more reliably high-quality results than others.
We’re going to be exploring two qualifiers you may come across while shopping for THCA flower: greenhouse grown, and boutique. We will explain what these terms mean, and what kind of influence they have over the product that you end up with.
A Quick Overview on THCA Hemp Flower in General
THCA (tetrahydrocannabinolic acid) is a non-psychoactive precursor to THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), which’s the main psychoactive compound found in cannabis. When cannabis is fresh, it primarily contains THCA. Only upon decarboxylation (a process involving the application of heat), does THCA convert into THC. This is why consuming raw or fresh cannabis will not produce the typical “high” associated with THC.
“THCA flower” would refer to raw cannabis buds that have not been heated or aged significantly and therefore have a high content of THCA as opposed to THC.
What is Greenhouse Grown THCA Flower?
Let’s start with greenhouse grown THCA flower. Growing cannabis in a greenhouse came about as a solution to a lot of the issues common with the more unpredictable nature of outdoor cultivation. A greenhouse is a contained outdoor structure that acts as a climate-controlled environment, with the sun’s power naturally providing the ideal conditions for growing the plant.
In a greenhouse THCA buds, you will find transparent walls so that sunlight can penetrate the inside, and this keeps the greenhouse warm year-round, so that the plants inside are never exposed to cold temperatures that would inhibit growth. The heat is trapped inside, and this maintains a climate that mimics the warm season, so that plants that ordinarily grow only in warm weather can thrive throughout the year.
A greenhouse setup can be as rustic or high-tech as the cultivator allows. Various techniques can be used to further control the light cycle, with “light dep” (light deprivation) being a popular choice, and also used for outdoor growing. It involves covering the plants to mimic the reduced sunlight that occurs in fall, as this triggers the growth of the plant’s flower buds that can be harvested.
Product on saleTHCA Flower
- A low-cost climate-controlled environment, using the sun rather than specialized equipment to maintain the ideal climate.
- Easy to manipulate life cycles.
- Year-round yields.
- Protection against severe/extreme weather.
- Better protection against disease and pests due to the enclosed environment.
- Building a greenhouse is expensive and requires space.
- Requires careful watering as greenhouses do not see rainfall like plants grown outdoors.
What is Boutique THCA Hemp Flower?
Then we have boutique THCA flower, which isn’t a technique, so-to-speak, but rather refers to small-batch cultivation, as an alternative to the high-output cultivation facilities that have emerged to meet growing demand. Cultivators of boutique THCA flower grow small batches of plants at a time, which gives them the ability to meticulously care for each plant on an individual level. Boutique THCA flower isn’t grown under a specific, strict set of methods, but instead has these key advantages:
- Higher concentrations of cannabinoids and terpenes (including THCA)
- More aromatic and flavorful
- Larger, more attractive buds
- Hand-trimmed for more precision
Product on saleHHC Flower
Most, if not all boutique flower is grown indoors, and relies on a number of methods that aim to bring the best qualities out of the flower buds. By nature, boutique flower is of a premium grade, which is the highest grade of all. You will come across boutique flower more and more, especially in dispensary settings, as consumers are starting to seek out the highest quality they can find, no longer settling for anything less than a superior THCA flower product. Boutique flower comes in the same strains as “standard” flower, but each strain is likely to give you more concentrated effects associated with the cultivar, again due to the higher presence of cannabinoids and terpenes.
- Maximum quality control yields bigger, more flavorful/aromatic, and more potent buds.
- Great for those who have smaller facilities.
- Requires meticulous care and extensive knowledge.
- Can be less cost-effective as a lot of labor is required.
Product on saleTHC-P Flower
Greenhouse or Boutique Flower: Which Do You Prefer?
As you can see, cannabis cultivation involves all kinds of variables that greatly influence the end result, as well as the overall success of one’s harvest. Bloomz THCA Hemp Flower is grown mostly indoors, and we offer boutique THCA flower to supply our customers with nothing but the highest quality levels possible. Because of our small-batch indoor growing methods, our flower yields higher levels of THCA, as well as other beneficial cannabinoids and terpenes, while boating phenomenal aroma and flavor that instantly lets customers know that they’ve purchased something special.
- Bloomz THCA Hemp Flower – Gold Line: Perfect choice if you’re seeking out boutique-level, indoor flower. Grown in small batches, this indoor THCA flower yields above-average THCA (Potent Strength – 25%+), thanks to the expert cultivators who have years of experience meticulously monitoring each and every plant with care. Grown in Oregon and Colorado, Bloomz THCA Flower comes in an exciting selection of top-shelf strains, 3.5G & 7G Options, and instantly impresses with its pungent aroma, once you open the jar. If your THCA flower game could use an upgrade, Bloomz Boutique THCA Hemp Flower truly is, good as “gold”.
- THCA PRE-ROLLS – 3-PACK/6-PACK: Our Premium THCA Pre-Rolls are brand-new and are taking the world by storm. We use our popular Indoor THCA Hemp Flower in our best in class pre-rolls, and the wrappers themselves are also organic. The experience you get from smoking our THCA Pre-Rolls is amazing and potent.
Overall, Greenhouse THCA Flower is a contained outdoor structure that acts as a climate-controlled environment, with the sun’s power naturally providing the ideal conditions for growing the plant. While boutique THCA flower grows in small batches of plants at a time, which gives them the ability to meticulously care for each plant on an individual level.